Use iMotion Pro to create an animation of a tower.
Animation and Drawing by Do Ink ($7.99)
Watch the first tutorial and create your own animation of a buzzing fly.
Watch the second tutorial and create your own animation of a buzzing fly.
Green Screen by Do Ink ($4.49)
Use Green Screen by Do Ink to combine your tower and basketball animations.
Fold a sheet of green A3 paper in half to make a back drop.
- Use iMotion in manual mode to make a video of a play dough rolling across the scene.
- Start outside the shot, have the ball roll across the screen and then out of the shot again.
This activity comes from http://www.ipadartroom.com/clay-mation/
Power Out by Leon Duffy
From the iBooks store . . .
“Welcome to Cow Planet where the evil Dr Cowton has hatched a plan to unleash his Cow Ray and turn every living thing in the Universe into cows. Can the famous Astronauts Steve, Mark and David stop Dr Cowton and his diabolical plan.
This comic was created using Minecraft, Comic Life and Book Creator on an iPad by Leon Duffy from Carrigaline Educate Together National School. ”
>> You can download ‘Power Out’ by Leon Duffy from the iBooks Store
Creating our own Comic Strips
- Plan your story using the Seven Steps planning guide.
- Use Minecraft to create your images (take screenshots)
- Use Strip Designer to make your comic.
- Publish your comic strip, as an image, to our class blog.
Imagining a Rediscovered Animal
Imagine a rediscovered animal of your own.
Why was it thought to be extinct?
What caused your animal’s population to almost disappear?
How was it rediscovered?
Creating a Rediscovered Animal
Create a 3D model of your own creature.
- joggle eyes
Creating a Habitat
Use coloured paper to create your habitat.
You might need to use tabs to make your objects stand up.
- cover paper
- glue stick
Complete a graphic organiser that includes the following information:
- What is your animals name?
- Where does it live?
- What type of habitat does it live in?
- What does it eat?
- What are its prey?
- What are its predators?
- What does it look like?
- Is it endangered?
- What are the threats?
- What are two interesting facts about your animal?
Take a variety of photograph of your creature in its habitat.
Create a shadow puppet presentation telling the story of your creatures near extinction and rediscovery.
Share your Work
Upload your presentation to your class blog.